Colonel Daniel J. Ebrecht is Vice Commander, Fourth Air Force, March Air Reserve Base California. In this capacity he directly supports the Numbered Air Force commander with policy execution and strategic oversight of eighteen flying wings and one regional support group providing strategic airlift, airdrop, aeromedical, air refueling and associated expeditionary support activities. The Fourth Air Force responsibilities encompass 30 units and more than 34,000 personnel.
Colonel Ebrecht was commissioned in 1996 through Reserve Officer Training Corps Detachment 005, Auburn University, Alabama. Following graduation he performed as a special assistant to the Commander, Detachment 005 before attending Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training at Columbus AFB, Mississippi. He then served for nearly ten years on active duty operating the KC-135 R/T, T-6A and KC-10A before transferring to the Air Force Reserve where he commanded two squadrons and was a numbered Air Force Staff Officer and later Vice Wing Commander at Dobbins Air Force Base, Georgia.
Prior to his current assignment, Colonel Ebrecht served as the Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the Director of Staff, Headquarters United States Air Force, the Pentagon. He has deployed in support of Operations NORTHERN WATCH, SOUTHERN WATCH, ALLIED FORCE, NOBLE EAGLE, ENDURING FREEDOM, IRAQI FREEDOM, ODYSEEY DAWN, UNIFIED PROTECTOR, INHERENT RESOLVE, and FREEMDOM’S SENTINEL. In his civilian capacity, Colonel Ebrecht is a pilot for a major airline.
1996 Bachelor of Civil Engineering, Auburn University, Ala.
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Master of Science in Aeronautical Science/Safety, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Fla.
2010 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2012 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Master of Military Operational Arts and Science, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2016 Air War College, by correspondence
2018 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2019 Director of Mobility Forces Course, Hulbert Field, Fla.
1. October 1996 - May 1997, Special Assistant to the Commander, AFROTC Det. 005 Auburn University, Ala.
2. June 1997 - June 1998, Student, Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
3. July 1998 – February 2002, KC-135 R/T Aircraft Commander and Flight Commander, 92d Air Refueling Squadron, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
4. March 2002 - February 2005, T-6A Instructor Pilot and Chief of Training, 3rd Flying Training Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
5. March 2005 - February 2007, KC-10A Chief of Standardization and Evaluations, 2nd Air Refueling Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J.
6. February 2007 - February 2008, T-6A Instructor Pilot, 5th Flying Training Squadron, Vance AFB, Okla.
7. February 2008 - July 2011, KC-10A Instructor Pilot, Chief of Training, 76th Air Refueling Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J.
8. July 2011 - July 2012, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. July 2012 - February 2014, KC-10A Instructor Pilot and Assistant Operations Officer, 76th Air Refueling Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J.
10. February 2014 - September 2014, Student, 314th Airlift Wing, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
11. September 2014 - October 2017, Commander, 357th Airlift Squadron, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (September 2015 - January 2016, Commander, 746th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, Al Udeid AB, Qatar)
12. October 2017 - June 2018, Air Force Operations Staff Officer, 22nd Air Force, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
13. June 2018 - November 2021, Vice Commander, 94th Airlift Wing, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
14. November 2021 - May 2023, Individual Mobilization Augmentee to the Director of Staff, Headquarters United States Air Force, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
15. May 2023 - Present, Vice Commander, Fourth Air Force, March Air Reserve Base, Calif.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 5,000 Hours
Aircraft flown: T-3A, T-37B, T-1A, T-6A, KC-135R/T, KC-10A and C-130H
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTIONS
Second Lieutenant Aug. 30, 1996
First Lieutenant Sept. 20, 1998
Captain Sept. 20, 2000
Major Aug. 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel Aug. 1, 2013
Colonel June 1, 2018
(Current as of June 2023)