Chief Master Sergeant Travon W. Dennis is the Command Chief, Fourth Air Force, March Air Reserve Base, California. He is the key advisor to the commander and staff on matters concerning the effective utilization, training, professional development, and combat readiness for the Reserve's long-range airlift and air-refueling units located throughout the continental U.S., Hawaii and Guam. The Fourth Air Force is dedicated to ensuring assigned units and personnel are properly organized, trained, equipped and ready to support national security requirements across the full spectrum of operations from war to contingency situations. The Fourth Air Force provides leadership, management, and oversight to 18 flying wings and one regional support group, which provide strategic airlift, airdrop, aeromedical, air refueling and associated expeditionary support activities. The Fourth Air Force’s responsibilities encompass 300 units and more than 32,000 personnel.
Chief Dennis hails from Macon, Ga. and entered the United States Air Force in February 1999. His background includes various leadership positions at the squadron, group, Wing, Numbered Air Force, Major Command, and Headquarters level. He has been mobilized three times to support Operation Enduring Freedom/Noble Eagle. Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Command Chief at Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Georgia.
2003 Airman Leadership School, McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tenn.
2004 Bachelors of Fine Arts, Visual Communications, American Intercontinental University, Atlanta, Ga.
2010 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla.
2011 Associate in Restaurant, Hotel and Fitness Management, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell Gunter AFB, Ala.
2012 First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2012 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, National Defense University, by correspondence.
2013 Associate in Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2015 Masters of Business Administration, American Military University, Charles Town, W. Va.
2016 Professional Managers Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, National Defense University, by correspondence.
2018 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2018 Chief Orientation Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2019 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School, Chapel Hill, N.C.
2020 Contingency War Planning Corse, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2021 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Inc., Washington, D.C.
2021 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2023 Keystone Command Senior Enlisted Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
1. May 1999 - July 1999, student, Air Force Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. July 1999 - August 1999, student, Food Service Specialist, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. September 1999 - May 2001, Food Service Specialist, 94th Services Squadron, Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Ga.
4. June 2001 - December 2001, Fitness Specialist, 94th Services Squadron, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
5. January 2002 - June 2003, Front Desk Lodging Clerk, 94th Services Squadron, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
6. July 2003 - April 2005, Assistant Training Manager, 94th Services Squadron, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
7. May 2005 - January 2009, Dining Facility Supervisor, 94th Services Squadron, Dobbins ARB, Ga. (Deployed February 2009 - July 2009, Dining Facility Manager, 380th Expeditionary Force Support Squadron, Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates)
8. August 2009 - October 2010, Contingency Manager, 622nd Services Flight, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
9. November 2010 - January 2012, NCOIC, Still Photographer, 94th Public Affairs, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
10. February 2012 - June 2014, First Sergeant, 94th Logistic Readiness Squadron, Dobbins ARB, Ga. (Deployed September 2013 - January 2014, Group First Sergeant, 651st Air Expeditionary Group, Camp Bastion, Afghanistan)
11. July 2014 – September 2016, First Sergeant, 80th Aerial Port Squadron, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
12. October 2016 – November 2017, Sustainment Services Superintendent, 908th Force Support Squadron, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
13. December 2017 – April 2019, IMA to the Chief, Air Force Chiefs Group, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
14. May 2019 – December 2021, Command First Sergeant, Functional Manager, Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
15. January 2022 – August 2023, Command Chief, 94th Airlift Wing, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
16. August 2023 – Present, Command Chief, Fourth Air Force, March Air Reserve Base, Calif.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf cluster
2013 First Sergeant of the Year, 94th Airlift Wing
2013 First Sergeant of the Year, 22nd Air Force
2014 First Sergeant of the Year, 94th Airlift Wing
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class July 1, 2000
Senior Airman March 1, 2001
Staff Sergeant July 1, 2003
Technical Sergeant July 1, 2006
Master Sergeant March 1, 2010
Senior Master Sergeant April 1, 2014
Chief Master Sergeant October 1, 2018
(Current as of January 2023)